Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I am 64 years old and have a receding penis. I was

Customer Question

I am 64 years old and have a receding penis. I was circumcised when very young as normal. I am a heavy drinker and I now appear to have a foreskin that I never had before. In my prime my penis was of normal size and shape. I now suffer with ED but can achieve an erection with use of viagra. Is my problem alcohol related or is something else going on?
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Not sure what you mean by chronic, or acute
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don't believe so.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 months ago.

Your smaller penis is most likely due to a combination of age and alcohol use. It's common as men get older that their erections are not as hard and their penises get somewhat smaller.

Heavy alcohol use is associated with lower testosterone and higher estrogen levels. Both of these tend to cause decreased penis size, and the increased estrogen can even increase your breast size.

Alcohol use also results in ED over time. This can usually be helped by Viagra-type meds, but over time and with continued heavy alcohol use, Viagra may not work as well for you as it does now.

Unless you cut way back on your alcohol intake, you can expect these things to get worse. Best wishes.