Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I continually have pellet size poos coming into my undies,

Customer Question

I continually have pellet size poos coming into my undies, even after a bowel movement. It's getting to the stage where I am scared to go anywhere, but too embarrassed to discuss with my GP. I am also constipated and have just started taking movicol which hasn't done much good as yet.what could be the cause of this???
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, before I answer your question, I would like to know that do you get blood in stool? When was your last colonoscopy done? Do you get abdominal cramping? Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No blood in stool. I had a colonoscopy about four years ago which was clear apart from IBS
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 month ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. Pellets coming even after bowel moments can be due fecal incontinence. IBS is not likely to cause such fecal incontinence. There can be many causes behind this like weakening of the muscle which controls our bowel moments, some nerve damage, colon polyps etc. You should drink at least 8 glasses of water per day but later you should see your gastroenterologist. IBS is not known to cause such symptoms so don't ignore your symptoms and just relax you are going to be alright after treatment. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent services but if you have received anything less, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 month ago.

Lastly I would like to add that you should take over the counter available metamucil twice daily till you see your doctor. Regards