Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I am a male, 78 years old, have been fighting with a highly

Customer Question

I am a male, 78 years old, have been fighting with a highly inflamed bladder. Have had 4 biopsies done in Sept. 2015 and again in April 2016. Both came back NO CANCER. However the bladder stays inflamed bladder and the only option my urologist wants to do is more biopsies.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Acute and my urologist says he has never seen one that is this inflamed and comes back NO CANCER. Treatment is Bladder 8mg Toviaz
Urologist .04mg tamsulosin..tan/dark tan
Prostrate 5 mg Frinasteride (Proscar)
burning pee 118 mg Uribel……..bright blue
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Has M. Gravis since 2007 takes cellcept
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear that you are having urinary problems with Interstitial cystitis. This is a problem that can take months to heal. I see that you have been started on medication.

Other medications can be added to your current regime:

Discuss the addition of Vistaril, Atarax, Neurontin or Elmiron to your current meds, you may be able to minimize your symptoms completely.

Also I see that you are being treated for Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH, enlarges prostate gland). Have you considered a surgical procedure, minimally invasive, TURP (transurethral resection of the prostate with laser). This procedure will help reduce the pressure on your bladder and make peeing easier.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please kindly rate me 5-Stars. Thank you