Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I had bladder cancer 6 years ago and it was treated with

Customer Question

I had bladder cancer 6 years ago and it was treated with chemo and radiation. I now have transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder High grade T2 I am receiving BCG treatments now. is it not possible to use chemo and radiation again? What is the prognosis if then BCG DOESN'T WORK/
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing else of this magnitude
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear that you have a recurrence of your bladder cancer.

Chemo and radiation treatment can be given again. Also, there are clinical trial protocols using newer drugs that you may be able to be registered in. Surgery is also another option. You should discuss this with your Urologist/Oncologist to determine the best treatment for you. There is no simple solution to this problem. MD Anderson in Texas is world renown in the treatment of bladder cancer and it may benefit you to discuss a referral to this institution with your doctor.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please kindly rate me a 5-Star. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

I hope you were able to discuss your options with your doctor and additional treatment is underway. Please provide a rating for my response, hopefully 5 stars. Thank you.