Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My husband had a total hip replacement in April. He is 78.

Customer Question

My husband had a total hip replacement in April. He is 78. He was taking hormone shots for energy and stopped in April. We had no sexual relations until about 2 weeks ago. Four or 5 days before that he had his testosterone shot. 3 days after having sex he woke up and his balls and lower part of penis turned black/blue overnite. His psa is Normal and blood work also. Will the discoloration go away? Should we be concerned? The doctor said we may have bruised during intercourse for first time in 5 months. Can you help us know what to do if anything? Laura Kearney. Jerry is on several blood pressure pills and a few others too! Thanks for any help understanding Jerry's problem. He is worried
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for waiting. Have they checked his bleeding and clotting profile? Is that normal? Regards

I am waiting for your reply :)