Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology. 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have pain when I urinate

Customer Question

I have pain when I urinate
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.'

Pain during urination can be due to a urinary tract infection, specially a burning feeling, but there are a lot of other reasons as well for example, when the urine is concentrated as happens in dehydration, electrolyte imbalances etc.

Prostate enlargement and infections of the prostate can also cause this symptom.

However, the best way to ascertain what this really is, is by getting a urinalysis done. This will clarify whether there is something wrong in the urine that is causing the symptom.

Mean while, I would suggest that you keep yourself hydrated and also add disodium citrate sachets thrice a day to alkalinize the urine and help ease the painful micturition.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you have any other queries about this.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
should I see a doctor?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for reply.

Yes, that would be the best move.

Best wishes.