Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

My penis doesn't get up while trying to have sex with my

Customer Question

My penis doesn't get up while trying to have sex with my wife
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer,

Since when is this happening? Do you suffer from any medical condition?

This is known as erectile dysfunction which means having problems getting or keeping an erection.

With an erection problem consulting a doctor is highly recommended. Erectile dysfunction (ED) should not be considered a normal part of the aging process, hence the causative factor for this symptom has to looked for, and this could be due to psychological, vascular, neurologic, or hormonal malfunctions. The incidence of ED is often higher among men with hypertension. Another significant risk factor in the development of ED is smoking. Psychological causes of ED include depression, anger, and stress-related causes.

Normal penile erection requires full functioning of the vascular, nervous, and hormonal systems, and erectile dysfunction can therefore be due to psychological, vascular, neurologic, or hormonal malfunctions. Morning erections is a good sign that the physiology is normal. Hence I would suggest that you consult your doctor and have yourself examined.

Please rate the answer with an excellent five star positive rating.

Thanks.