Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I am asking this on behalf of my fiancé. He would like to

Customer Question

I am asking this on behalf of my fiancé.He would like to know if it's normal that on colder days or in air conditioned place, he can't feel both of his testicle and the skin around the area was crumpled and could barely see his testicles. However, if he goes into warm bath, he can start to feel his testicles again. But few mins after the warm bath, the testicle shrinks again.What can be the cause if it? And he is concern if his current situation will affect reproduction in future.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for you condition.

Please do not worry about this since this is normal. Testicles main function is in production of sperm, and to do this they must be kept at just the right temperature. Therefore the scrotum will change its size for the testicles to stay at that right temperature. This is the reason that in a cold environment, the body sends a message to the scrotum and it will then shrivel and shrink to preserve heat.

This is normal physiology which will ensure that he will be fertile. However when he touches his testicles he should be able to feel the touch irrespective of the temperature. If he is not able to feel the touch sensation than he needs to consult his doctor to look for any abnormality.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars above.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
During normal temperature he is not able to touch or feel his testicles. Only when he is in a steam room or having hot showers he is then able to feel them. Does that sound like a concern to you? Thanks.

Dear customer,

Yes this does look concerning and requires an examination by his doctor.

Take care.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay thanks for your advice, will his doctor be able to provide the required medication for him to allow him to feel his testicle on normal days? Will there be a remedy to this? And will it affect reproduction?

Dear customer,

That will depend on the cause for this. He may need to have an ultrasound examination of the testicles to know the cause.

Take care.

Please don't forget to rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars.

Thanks.