Muneeb Ali
Muneeb Ali, Emergency Medicine
Experience:  MBBS,MD,ECFMG certified. Have dealt with urological emergencies in the ER on a regular basis
22950887

What is" creatinine clearance"? How do I find out what mine

Customer Question

what is " creatinine clearance" ? How do I find out what mine was the night I went to ER and was " over-dosed" with 1,000 mg of VALTREX ????
Category: Urology
Expert:  Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Hello again,

Creatinine clearance is a calculation which allows doctors to determine how well your kidneys are functioning. This can be calculated easily and im sure your doctors would have done so in the ER, you can call them up and ask them for the actual number. This would be calculated from the most recent blood tests which you have had done, only the value of serum creatinine is needed alongwith your body weight and age to calculate the number.

This value should be in the reports you must have been given the night you went into the ER.

Do you have any more questions? Also if you would not mind, would mind leaving a POSITIVE rating on our previous conversation.

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/