Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had TURPS on 23 August this year and 3 days later had

Customer Question

I had TURPS on 23 August this year and 3 days later had catheter removed was unable to pee on my own so catheter replaced. Urologist will have my bladder scan 27 September. And then see me November 27. He doesn't seem interested. Have not seen him since operation. I am anxious about keeping the catheter in. I had it since 26 June 2016.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David

urologist in Canada are very few and hard to see.

that is probably why you have to wait until Sept 27 for a bladder scan.

is there an option to see a private urologist in Canada? you may be able to see a urologist sooner

if not, you may have to just wait to see your urologist again.

are you taking medications like proscar or finasteride to try to shrink your prostate size to help you urinate?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have already Paid $46 via pay pal and received nothing as yet ----I had the Turps operation for enlarged prostate.. if you read my earlier info page so why would i need any meds to shrink the prostate, Trevor
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are there any meds I can take to help bladder neurological responses?
If this is too late tonight perhaps we can continue tomorrow morning?

your TURP was from enlarged prostate gland.

that is why you can't urinate

that is why you are still having a foley catheter inserted

that is why you need to be on medications to help shrink your prostate. so you can urinate better.

as long as you have a foley catheter inplace, this will allow you to urinate without having to press on your bladder.

you may need a larger canal through your prostate to urinate through.

you may have to use a red rubber catheter for self catheterization.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Turps was to enlarge the passage way and this did not work -- 3 days after operation I still was unable to pee. Could this be a bladder dysfunction? And so you are saying I may also need to shrink the prostate with meds you mentioned> Trevor
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am presently tied o a urine bag via a catheter....
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am presently tied to a urine bag via a catheter...
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Call you tomorrow.....

you need a urodynamic study to see if your bladder muscles and nerves are working

you could have bladder dysfunction if you had an enlarged prostate gland for a long time prior to seeing a urologist and bladder distention over a long period of time.

you should talk to your doctor about medications to help shrink your prostate gland

you should also see if you need another TURP procedure to open a wider channel for your urine to pass.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will call tomorrow AM

ok