Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

Im a 56 year old female, ive had a hysterectomy 24yrs ago,at

Customer Question

im a 56 year old female, ive had a hysterectomy 24yrs ago,at least since January of this year,ive had mild to severe ureta and bladder pain,also some kidney pain with it! my doctor has had me have 2 ultrasounds,one with tube inserted and a cat scan,with no abnormalities she said. I went to her on 08/10 with the same pains in the ureta and bladder,it starts hurting in dime size spots all the way from my ureta"s to my bladder,and I allways feel pressure in my abdomine even if I don't have to urinate,even tho I do have to urinate at least 4 times an hour! it hurts in those spots before and after I urinate.she said there was blood in my urine,but no culture grew in the clean catch they took on the 10th,some days the pain is worse than other days,i don't know if I should see a urologist or gyenocoligist,but ive got to find out whats wrong in there! Thank you Rhonda Redington
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hi Rhonda, Dr. Stan here to help you today.

From all of the urinary tract studies you have had, I would suggest a Gynecologist rather than a Urologist. You may have a Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, which could account for your symptoms. You didn't mention whether your ovaries were removed when you had your uterus out, but if you still have your ovaries, that may also be the source of your pain.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. We are credited only after you give a positive rating of 3-5 stars for the information I provided. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Do you have any additional questions or thoughts you would like to discuss?