Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

First symptoms Friday morning. Progression of observations

Customer Question

First symptoms Friday morning. Progression of observations is through pictures with earliest to current. Pictures should be in order, and can be referenced by the dates on each picture file.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
Where are the photos? What is the problem you are having?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
12 pics in total.. here are the first 3.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Additional
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
3/4
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hopefully these pictures can help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any diagnosis?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
What symptoms are you having? How long has it been there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
First noticed it on Friday morning.. i had unprotected sex the night before and the weekend previously but nothing was present or uncomfortable. Felt like a Nick or cut sensation on Friday morning and then those pictures document the progression. No noticeable symptoms other than it now being tender to the touch.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It doesn't feel painful per say, but it's obviously reddened and irritated now. But laying down there's no noticeable pain or any additional symptoms.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
This looks mainly like a skin abrasion. However, an STD could be possible such as herpes. But herpes is typically painful and there is an ulcer usually present on the skin. You can try to apply topical steroid cream such as betamethasone to the area for 1 to 2 weeks to see if it goes away. In the meantime, I would recommend that you see your doctor to be tested for STDs if you had a risky sexual encounter. If the betamethasone does not work, then you should be treated with antibiotics such as azithromycin and ceftriaxone to cover for any STDs. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What did you think could have caused those fluid like bubbles on Friday.. the beginning pictures? What would that have been... are these the typical progression pictures of herpes? Also how painful is it typically? Would it be present when I was laying down.. resting.. walking.. any kind of movement? The pain I would say is currently on par with an abrasion. As far as an ulcer.. it does seem to have some white spots inside the red Angier coloured area..
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
The bubbles could just be from skin trauma. Here's is very painful at all times. The pain does not change or go away with positioning.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
These pictures were just taken. Hopefully they are of more telling quality for a better observation.. of this in any way might help your diagnosis. Thank you again.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.

These photos look more suspicious for a possible herpes infection. I would recommend you see your doctor right away to be tested for this.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Dr, before I close this out, I just wanted to send 2 last pictures taken tonight, to see if this might further your opinion on a diagnosis.Thank you again.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
this looks like a herpes infection. You need to see your doctor for a culture and possible prescription for treatment for herpes. Hope this helps and please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.