Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice
Experience:  I have 14 years experience in Family Practice which includes the treatment of most co
13781349

How does post traumatic stress disorder causes/contribute to

Customer Question

how does post traumatic stress disorder causes/contribute to erectile dysfunction?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Yes PTSD may well contribute to ED...sexual response and function may be inhibited by anxiety ...sexual response is going to be best in the absence of stress and anxiety so factors that may increase anxiety may inhibit the sexual response

The measures that you list above should help as these tend to help with erectile function ( either physical or emotional issues )

You may independently benefit from treatment psychiatrically if you feel with PTSD / anxiety....

If this is the case I would recommend That this aspect be addressed for you as well...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD