dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  I have ten years experienced to handle patients of different specialities inc;uding Urology.
16766337

I was diagnosed with IC and am on Elmiron. Lately My bladder

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with IC and am on Elmiron. Lately My bladder had been terrible and a lot of burning. My doctor has put me in pyridium for 2 weeks but that does not help much either. What else can be done to ease the pain
Category: Urology
Expert:  dr abid replied 6 months ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 6 months ago.

You can try Tofranil tablet , this will help you out .

Other thing that can be done is , the installation of medication dimethyl sulfoxide (Rimso-50) into your bladder through a thin, flexible tube (catheter) inserted through the urethra. The solution sometimes is mixed with other medications, such as a local anesthetic, and remains in your bladder for 15 minutes. You urinate to expel the solution.

This will help to treat pain of IC .

Surgical options should be kept in mind like bladder augmentation , fulguration .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/

Expert:  dr abid replied 6 months ago.

Are you there ...