Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Is this a bot or a person answering questions? Okay. I am

Customer Question

Is this a bot or a person answering questions?
JA: I'm an assistant to the Urologist. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Okay. I am just checking on some symptoms I have that are unsolved after some years. I have done some research online only to find that some men have similar problems. I'll start by stating that I have been tested for STD'd and infections so these aren't the issue. What happens is.. Only after drinking alcohol I get a pain in the end of the penis. lasts about 20 minutes happens probably 1-6 times a year I do not know if it is exclusive to beer or not beucase usually I will vary in my drink selections
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: acute. It makes me feel like I need to pee, over and over even if I've just gone. It last 20 minutes and is gone until a few months down the road when I randomly get it again.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: why should I minimize?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I would know to mention.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

This is Dr. David

drinking alcohol and not drinking enough water can cause burning and pain at the tip of the penis.

the metabolites of alcohol can do this

also drinking caffeine can do this as well.

drinking alcohol or caffeine can cause urethritis inflammation of your urethra which is the tube the urine passes through in your penis.