Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am a 62 YO male with symptomatic BPH and upcoming cataract

Customer Question

I am a 62 YO male with symptomatic BPH and upcoming cataract surgury, so concerned with floppy eye syndrome from meds. I have been suggested to have Urolift to address problem...hence I have questions:
1) How long does it last as far as relief of symptoms? 2) How long does it take to do procedure? 3) Recovery time? 4) Need to take time off work? 5) Cost? 6) Local or general anesthetic? 7) post op discomfort? 8) Anything else I need to know that I did not ask? Harvey
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Are you on fosamax? If so, what dose and for how long?

Is your cataract surgeon very experienced?

Is there anything about your cataract that makes it unusual or might predispose to increased surgical difficulty?

Urolift will have no effect on your cataract surgery......

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.