Muneeb Ali
Muneeb Ali, Emergency Medicine
Experience:  MBBS,MD,ECFMG certified. Have dealt with urological emergencies in the ER on a regular basis

I am peeing very little,i have only I kidney, no, no

Customer Question

I am peeing very little,i have only I kidney
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Urology
Expert:  Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. A drop in urine output which occurs suddenly is extremely concerning. Given that you only have one kidney that means that you could be developing renal failure. This can be due to either decreased hydration or even an infection in the kidneys. If your urine output has been less than 500 ml in 24 hours that indicates that you need IMMEDIATE evaluation. Secondly, this can also be due to simple dehydration which could cause your body to conserve water and you to urinate less. If this is dehydration then you need immediate rehydration therapy which should be adminstered in the ER ASAP. regardless of teh cause, given that you have one kidney, i would STRONGLY urge you to go to the ER ASAP to have this evaluated. Early treatment can reverse impending renal failure and save the kidney and that is why you have to go to the ER now.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,