Urodoc, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.

In June of this year i experience d sudden lower back pain.

Customer Question

In June of this year i experience d sudden lower back pain. It hurt to the point of having to sit up for sleeping. I do not have that prob mbem now.
This always means I have a uti. Which I get once every year. So I went to my family dr and the urine test showed an infection.
So an tibotic was prescribed. But I kept having symthons and my back kept hurting. After 4 weeks and 4 rounds of antibotics. I still had an infection. So my family dr sent me to a urologist
.he found only a trace of white blood cells. The white blood cells were discoveted on jy 13th so my knee surgery was cancelled.
I went back to the family dr and I still had an infection. So he sent me to a urologist.
Two weeks went by b4 I could get in. At this appt a trace if white blood cells were found. So it had improved. But my symthoms remained the same. Lower back pain and unable to empty bladder. Tben that changed to not being able to hold my bladder and I did not make jt to the bathroom.
How I go to tbe. Bathroom keeps chan ging. E ery cew days. So the urologist is sen ding me to take an xray and ct scan. Which hasn't been performed yet.
Would you take this course of action? The urologist said my body needed checked out. In case I had a blockage if some sort.
I am 63 old female who us currently 100 lbs overweigth. I have lost over 150 lbs the last 2 years. I had grastric sleeve oerformed in May if 2014.
I am very intuitive and for a very long time. My intuition says it is a rare blood disease. It is not cancer.
Could I be right?! Please advise what you would do and what you suspect up to this pointthat is could be? Ignore any typing after this point I started over because I was not giving the order of my history.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Urodoc replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I do think you should undergo your blood sugar examination as well to rule out diabetes as a cause of chronic/recurrent urinary tract infection.

Also i would also consider doing KUB X-ray/ultrasound/CT scan examination as well.

Also a urine culture and sensitivity test may also be done.

I hope this helps