Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have been diagnosed with Non-Obstructive Azoospermia. The

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with Non-Obstructive Azoospermia. The Y-chromosome Microdeletion test is normal (No Deletion detected), even the Karyotype Test results also normal(both XY Chromosomes present). FSH and TEsterone levels normal. Wanted to know the possibility of Sperm retrieval with TESE biospy?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 months ago.
sperm extraction via a testicular biopsy would be the next step. You will need to see a urologist who specializes in male infertility in order to take you to the operating room to biopsy multiple areas of the testicle to see if they can find any live sperm present that can be used for in vitro fertilization. There is no way to determine what the success rate of finding sperm will be. They will just need to go to try to take multiple biopsies to see if they can find any. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.