DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
24257177

What causes blood in the urine after playing tennis

Customer Question

what causes blood in the urine after playing tennis
Category: Urology
Expert:  dr abid replied 3 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

I am sorry to hear about your issue ...

As you are on antibiotics for last 30 days for possible UTI , you have blood in Urine and specially after playing tennis , this need immediate attention .

Blood in Urine ( Frank blood ) is less likely because of UTI and more likely because of Stone in the Urinary tract , tumor or bladder injury .

It would be ideal for you to have Ultrasound for diagnosis , you shouldn't delay and immediately get time from from Urologist

in your case infection is less likely other possibilities as I mentioned should be ruled out .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/

Expert:  dr abid replied 3 months ago.

Are you there ...

Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 3 months ago.

Hi

I am a double board certified clinical doctor.

Microscopic blood in the urine after exercise, can be normal.

It is called march hematuria.

It is not appropriate to treat it with antibiotics, unless you have a documented infection with urine cultures.

that is a different issue.

Kidney stones cause extreme pain in almost all instance.

As you asked, what causes blood after exercise [tennis]

Most commoly, march hematuria.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas