Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I am asking on behalf of my boyfriend. He felt a small pea

Customer Question

I am asking on behalf of my boyfriend. He felt a small pea sized lump inside of his penis about a month and a half ago. He figured it would just go away, but then another one showed up. He thinks it's inside of his urethra. They are probably at midpoint on his shaft. They are not visible. He says that you have to pinch two fingers to feel it. And this is only when his penis is flaccid. The bumps do not cause pain unless his penis is hard. He does not have difficulties urinating nor does he feel an urge to urinate at all. Any ideas would be appreciated. Also, he went to the doctor recently for a physical for work and when they did the urine test, they found a small trace of blood. Nothing visible, it just showed on their tests.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 8 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD<

With the presence of something inside his urethra and some blood in his urine, I would recommend that your boyfriend be seen by a urologist who can perform a cystoscopy and evaluate the cause of the bumps and the blood in the urine.

This would be the only definitive diagnostic test he would need.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Checking in. Is there anything else I can help you with today?