Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
6740150

Please help..! My boyfriend is having a trouble peeing.. A

Customer Question

Hi please help..! My boyfriend is having a trouble peeing.. A couple days ago he was able to pee but with pain and someone recommended him to drink coconut water and cranberry juice which he did. But now he cannot even pee which he is trying to urinate but it's impossible ..:(
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you know if he had ever had blood in urine?

Is he having any pain in abdomen or sides of abdomen?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described about your boyfriend having a trouble peeing/cannot pee even when he is trying to urinate is suggestive of a prostate gland disease like prostatitis that is inflammation/enlargement of prostate gland.

Another possibility can be of renal calculi.Exactly what causes a stone to form is not known.Whenever there is a disharmony or breakdown between the two functions of the kidney(to conserve water and to eliminate the body's waste substances) it leads to the formation of stones.

Both the conditions-Inflammed/enlarged prostate gland or kidney stone can block the urinary passage making it difficulty to pass the urine.

Kidney stones seems to be a more probable cause.

He need following tests:

-Complete urine examination

-X-rays &/or Ultrasound of KUB area

-Other blood tests

Considering his symptoms,this should be evaluated & examined at ER.So my best advise for you is to take him to the ER to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

If there anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

I am sorry.Phone call is not available at this moment.I am happy to address your follow-up questions via chat mode.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.

I am waiting for your reply...

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh