Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic

I recently received oral sex from a woman. 4 days later I

Customer Question

I recently received oral sex from a woman. 4 days later I had trouble urinating. Maybe some signs of a discharge. This lasted for about a day. In the past I have had multiple NON UTI infections. These have come on after long periods of needing to use the bathroom or heavy masturbation. Over the years the reaction my body has had to this has been less and less mild as my doctors have not prescribed medicine and my body has had to learn to take care of it
I have seen no evidence of discharge and the urination may have been paranoia on my part. In the past discharge had visibly occurred and I could tell the infection was still present as my underwear would be wet and the tip of my penis would be stuck to my underwear and well as have parts of the underwear stuck to the end of my penis.
Should I be worried about an STI or is my paranoia getting the best of me
Category: Urology
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

So it sounds like you are not currently having any burning with urination or discharge that you have noticed.

The rate of transmission of STIs via oral sex is very low.

However, the risk is still there.

If you are not currently experiencing symptoms then chances are that you are free of any infections but if you develop symptoms, then I would absolutely advise you to be tested.

et me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Is there anything else I can help you with?