Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Im a 65 year old man who just had a sudden case of peyronies

Customer Question

im a 65 year old man who just had a sudden case of peyronies disease appear 30 days ago.
with mild sporadic pain during erections and an obvious approx 30 degree bent upward in the penis.
looking online it appears the oral medication has serious side effects, surgery sounds scarey, and injections not so great..
the on line prognosis reads poorly, it is worth chasing at this point ?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
Are you able to penetrate to have sex? Did you injure your penis?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can carefully penetrate and I have no knowledge of an injury
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ps I have no real health issues.. im probably a 9 out of a 10 in being healthy and not fat etc....
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
penis is probably smaller than normal so any loss in length is disturbing
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
am I still on line with you ? not sure if I disconnected...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there is no answer here....
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
The loss of length is due to the scarring process from this medical problem called Peyronie's disease. This is due to microtrauma to your penis that you may or may not have recognized over the years. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to stop the scarring process. However, if the curvature is preventing you from being able to penetrate successfully for intercourse, you can see a urologist to consider an injection of a medication called Xiaflex which is an enzyme that is designed to dissolve scar tissue. This was just FDA proved last year. In the patients I have injected this medication into, I have had very good success rates in helping to improve the curvature by upwards of 50% or so. Other alternative treatment options include surgery to straight in the penis. However, the surgeries can be there shorten your penis further or they can make you had erectile dysfunction. You should discuss these options with your urologist. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do you have an opinion of stretching exercises .
and any side effects of the injection and how many injections are usually needed ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
not able to call..
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
Stretching and straightening exercise will do you no good unless you have had the Xiaflex injections. A full course of injections is eight injections. I have seen results after 4 to 5 injections though.