Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Okay, I have never done this before, but four years I was

Customer Question

Okay, I have never done this before, but four years I was diagnosed with a recurrence of grade 1 stage 1a endometrial cancer that recurred as a tumor that grew from vaginal cuff into bladder just above left ureter. I had 33 rounds of radiation and all signs of tumor were obliterated. Then did 6 rounds of carboplatin/taxol. Unfortunately, the tumor recurred (wasn't picked up on scan) of Sept. 2014 but since I experienced, in the interval, lungs mets I had 3 rounds of chemo ending in early Nov. of 2014. Actually, I had a very good response re the lung mets, but my oncologists had written me off most likely because I am a woman of now nearly 69 years. In early Jan. of '15, I found myself hemorrhaging and was diagnosed with a large 6 cm. bladder met and a smaller baby met both of which were successfully cauterized. The large tumor did not come back, but I was told I was dying and soon, so I went without intervention for fifteen months during which I had minor bleeding from a recurrent but much smaller tumor. My PA who saw me in mid Feb. this year looked at how healthy I appeared in every way and said it was scan time. Scan was quite good. Yes more lung mets in interval but bladder tumor stayed between 2 and 3cms. I have a hematologist/oncologist treating me now. I had 6 more rounds of chemo which got ride of all but traces of lung mets, and the tumor growing from vag. cuff into bladder disappeared as of a scan done on June 20. I developed what I hoped was a bladder infection, but took antibiotics before I went for urinalysis. I am seeing a urologist on the 18th of Aug. unless intermittent bleeding gets worse. Is it possible that the tumor has grown back so quickly? Is it possible that I am experiencing radiation cystitis. I must mention that the bladder discomfort has decreased considerably since I began taking them on Sundaly. Also must mention that I feel completely well except for very minor burning from urethra.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Well, I just Sunday developed symptoms of a UTI, with a slight showing of pick urine. Physical discomfort has decreased, but there has been more blood, not hemorrhaging or anything. Since Sunday. This new.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, I have been healthy with the exception of an appendectomy and the removal of a tube and ovary because of dermoid cyst/tumor decades ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.

Any other medical issues?