Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Ct showed large stone in junction outside of kidney.

Customer Question

Ct showed large stone in junction outside of kidney. Ultrasound screening showed a large stone in bladder 2 weeks later. She broke it up with ultrasound . Still have pressure and shedding in urine. Could ultrasound do damage to bladder or kidneys? Thanks
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

It is very, very unlikely that the ultrasound would do damage to your kidneys or bladder.

It is not unusual to still have some pressure and shedding at this point.

That being said, it wouldn't hurt to give your doctor a call as she knows your situation best, ***** ***** the stone was etc.

But, I bet in the long run, you will be fine.
Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.