Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Prior to protected sex with a condom last night and prior to

Customer Question

Prior to protected sex with a condom last night and prior to penetration there was nothing wrong with my penis however I noticed halfway through intercourse what appeared to be a quarter sized bruise on the shaft of my penis. It does not hurt and does not itch. Can you give me an indication of what this is?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old are you?

can you upload a picture of the bruise?

Is there any pain?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
picture uploaded
no medical problems or medications
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please keep the picture confidential. thank you

Thank you for that additional information and the photo.

Good News. That is nothing to worry about.

It is just a bruise from a small vein being damaged during your sexual activity.

It is like a bruise anywhere else on your will take a week or so to go away and will change different colors while it heals. It may also spread a bit. Absolutely nothing to worry about.

It is not a sign of an infection, STD or anything like that....

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no pain

Let me know if I can do anything else to help you. Have a good week :)

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you for your time. Have a great day!

You too :)