DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.

My boyfriend presented with a numb sensation in s left

Customer Question

My boyfriend presented with a numb sensation in his left testicle which extended into his left thigh. The numb sensation subsided over the course of a week. Now he occasionally experiences an ache in the left testicle, not very painful but enough to be noticeable. He has no burning on urination nor any swelling or tenderness; just the ache and the numbness.
A little over a month ago, I had a sexual encounter outside the relationship. There was no penetration, but my partner in that encounter rubbed his penis against my anus, and it is conceivable that I'm carrying rectal chlamydia (there was a lot of pre-cum). I did some Googling and some of my boyfriend's symptoms sound like epididymitis. However, there's no palpable swelling or tenderness -- just the intermittent ache, which isn't severe.
Does this sound like chlamydial epididymitis to you? How long does it take to develop? It's been a little over a month. I'm getting tested for STDs to be sure, but I'm worried.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 3 months ago.

It does not sound like epididymitus at all, which would cause pain and fever.

He needs to see a urologist.

This is not a self diagnosis situation.

He probably needs an ultrasound of the testicle.

He also needs an assessment of his lower spine to make sure he does not have nerve compression.

There are nerves that would cause this symptom in thigh and testing.

The problem can resolve, but there still can be disc problems in the spine that can cause problems later.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here