Urology
Urology, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Test
3157612

Well had unprotected sex about two weeks ago. I feel a

Customer Question

Well had unprotected sex about two weeks ago. I feel a tingling sensation at the tip of my penis. I don't see any rashes or marks and it doesn't burn when I urinate. I thought I noticed a tiny bump but I've been spending a lot of time looking at it; so sometimes I think I see it sometimes Idon't; usually based on angle and light. But like I said I stare at it every five seconds.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Urology replied 8 months ago.

Sounds like you need to find some different scenery to stare at :-)

The only way to tell if you have a sexually transmitted infection is to go to the medical office or health clinic and have an STD test. Some people have no symptoms at all and others have a variety of symptoms from pain to discharge.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Expert:  Urology replied 8 months ago.

Was there anything you needed more help with? If not, I would appreciate your taking the time to give me a positive rating for my help.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Lol believe me I want nothing more than to just be ok.I got tested yesterday. HIV was negative but they suggested I test again in three months. They said the other tests should come in about seven days. I've attached the picture. The area to which I'm referring is at the very bottom of the urethral opening (where my index finger is)
Expert:  Urology replied 8 months ago.

I don't really see anything abnormal. I don't see anything that looks like herpes or any other STD.

HIV testing protocol is first test soon after exposure and if that is negatvie, then a 3 month follow up.

It takes up to a week to culture for other STDs so that seems to be right on schedule.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Now it's just the nervous waiting game :(Thank you for taking the time to talk to me.
Expert:  Urology replied 8 months ago.

You're so very welcome. Please don't forget to leave a positive rating for me.

Thanks,

Schuyler

~