Dr. David, MD
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
41363181

I was operated on about 3 weeks ago to have a cancerous

Customer Question

I was operated on about 3 weeks ago to have a cancerous tumor removed from my bladder. It was found to contain some bladder wall muscle. Dr. David Rosenberg of Manchester, Ct has told me I should have some radiation & chemotherapy or remove the bladder. I'm not too keen on the latter. Who could you recommend to me for an Alternative treatment or information?
Category: Urology
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 4 months ago.

Hello

This is Dr. Bonilla, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. As per your description your bladder cancer is advanced. There are several options to treat the condition including chemotherapy(MVAC), radiotheraoy, cystectomy(bladder removal). Evidence shows that radical cystectomy has the highest survival depending on the stage of the cancer. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What about Alternative approaches?

The other treatment available is BCG injections in early stages of cancer(not your case).

There are several research trials that you can apply to receive treatment. http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/clinical-trials/search/results?protocolsearchid=9767813

You can find if a medical center near you offers the treatment. However no other FDA approved treatments or drugs are available at this point. Please rate my answer. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor.

when the bladder cancer invades the muscle wall, the best chance for you to save your bladder is radiation and chemotherapy.

I know in an ideal world, you wouldn't have to do this.

this treatment method is well studied and is better than any alternative approaches which will most likely allow your bladder cancer to come back larger and bleed more again in the future.

alternative agents like graviola and carnivora most likely won't work.

let me know if you have other questions.