DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.

I had blood in my urine and terrible pain - the dr

Customer Question

I had blood in my urine and terrible pain - the dr prescribed cipro and macrobid-
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: I am still having back pain - the dr said it is a bladder infection and not a kidney infection -
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Fine - stress dealing with my dying 95 year old mother but other than that fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 3 months ago.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Should I still be having back pain - I am not taking the orange pills to change the color of my urine for pain -
Shd I be feeling better by now or Shd I return to the dr tmr ?
Taking cipro 500 mg and macrobid 2 times per day -

You should follow up with your doctor.

Back pain might be a different problem.

You want to make sure the infection is resolving.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here