Dr. David, MD
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
41363181

I have blood in the urine started pinkish 2 days ago today

Customer Question

I have blood in the urine started pinkish 2 days ago today is very dark red
Category: Urology
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 9 months ago.

Hello

This is Dr. Bonilla, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. Blood in the urine also known as hematuria is a problem that can be caused by several conditions. Kidney stones, coagulation problems, infections and neoplasia can cause hematuria. The best approach for now is to see your PCP ASAP. You will need a full assessment and some test to be done. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you need a urinalysis and urine culture to check for urinary tract infections.

you also need a bladder ultrasound to check for bladder stones which can cause pink urine

you should avoid dehydration and drink plenty of water and fluids and avoid alcohol which can irritate the bladder.

you may need a cystoscopy procedure where a urologist looks inside of your bladder with a thin camera to look for sources of bleeding in your bladder.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com