Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I am having frequent urination specially in the night time.

Customer Question

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 3 months ago.

I am Dr Pravin and I would be happy to assist you as I am a Medical Specialist.

Do you have history of Diabetes ?

Do you have a family history of Diabetes ?

Do you have burning while passing urine ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No i dont have history of diabates ( I had a urine analysis done yesterday in which Suger was Nil and a random blood test 3 weeks back of diababtes which was nil
Yes i have a family history of diabates
No i dont have burning feeling , Urine analysis was done and the report was clear.

Thank you so much for your reply.

What is you age ?

Do you have any prostrate issues ?

Have you done a sonography to check for the size of prostrate gland ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
35 and i just went to a doctor he said that on your age it cant be your prostate secondly he checked with his ultrasound machine and said its empty so he cnat check futher but as its getting empty so that mean there is no wrong in prostate.

Thank you for your reply.

Do you have fever ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

The report of urine microscopy and Diabetes was normal .

I need to dig into other details:

• Are you drinking more than usual?
  • Is your urine darker or lighter than usual?
  • Do you drink alcohol or caffeinated beverages?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It depends on water intake but its lighter
No but i do smoke

The urine is lighter it shows that it is diluted.

Looks like you have more issues with the hormone called anti diuretic hormone. This condition is called Diabetes Insipidus.

It is associated with more urine passed at night .

Some of the tests are as follows:

Some of the tests doctors commonly use to diagnose and determine the type of diabetes insipidus and in some cases, its cause, include:

• Water deprivation test. This test confirms the diagnosis and helps determine the cause of diabetes insipidus. Under medical supervision, you'll be asked to stop drinking fluids for a time so that your doctor can measure changes in your body weight, urine output and the concentration of your urine and blood when fluids are withheld.

Your doctor may also measure blood levels of ADH or administer synthetic ADH during this test. The water deprivation test is performed under close supervision in children and pregnant women to make sure no more than 5 percent of body weight is lost during the test.

• Urinalysis. Urinalysis is the physical and chemical examination of urine. If your urine is less concentrated — meaning the amount of water is high relative to other excreted substances — it could be due to diabetes insipidus.
  • Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). An MRI of the head is a noninvasive procedure that uses a powerful magnetic field and radio waves to construct detailed pictures of brain tissues. Your doctor may want to perform an MRI to look for abnormalities in or near the pituitary gland.