Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice
Experience:  I have 14 years experience in Family Practice which includes the treatment of most co

Im a 55 male, I urine a lot, it seems when I site down its

Customer Question

Im a 55 male, I urine a lot, it seems when I site down its not bad but when I get up I get up I have to go, now I get some pain sometimes, it can be very little to a few ounces of pee, the urine is not really a dark color, sometimes if I cough hard enough it feels like something is moving on the right side ,
im also wondering if I have kidney stones
thank yo
Category: Urology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 3 months ago.

You should get this checked. It may be due to enlarged prostate ( BPH = Benign Prostate Hypertrophy ) it could be related to more short term onset of a prostate infection which swells the prostate ...may make it difficult to empty bladder completely and so frequent urge is common

I would advise that you have your doctor check your urine / and prostate exam...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

If you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
WHAT is that moving when I cough, the prostate, what type of antibiotics you recommend, did you get my second mess it seemed I lost I dont know if you got it, the pain can be from the prostate, the bad prostate cause all this, I cant urine unless if Im standing up
this started happening after a good night of drinking, I would urine more and little spurts, after a day or so it was ok, i quit drinking months ago but this does it anyways, I cant function a normal life, its so uncomfortable if at least something to were its more comfortable thank you

Hello again,

Feeling a sense of movement with cough might be an inguinal hernia as a possible cause for that ..

If UTI/ prostate infection then Cipro may be a good option for antibiotic

See a urologist as best to evaluate this difficulty with urinating ...

Enlarged prostate is suspect as cause....

I hope that this is helpful for you

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD