Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

77 y0 male in quite good health but one instance of blood in

Customer Question

77 y0 male in quite good health but one instance of blood in urine about 2 wks ago after drinking a plain latee (sp) and a cup of coffee with nothing added the previous hour. So far urologist wants a cat scan (Wed) and a looksee in the bladder on Friday. Don't know what the urinenalysis (sp) showed, but apparently no infection. No bloodwork done. Is this reasonable?
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast. Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Only pain was a 2 or 3 kidney pain days afterword, but none noticeable lately. Maybe a bit of nausea.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

At your age, I would definitely recommend doing a cystoscopy if all tests are normal.

Cystoscopy is a test where the urologist sees your bladder from the inside and takes a biopsy, if required.

The most important thing to consider and rule out is cancer.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 months ago.

any other medical issues?