Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Dr.
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Just started having blood in my urine...I used the bathroon

Customer Question

Just started having blood in my urine...I used the bathroon about 4 times a night...Have high blood presure...56 years old have a hard time sleeping at night...This is the secound day with blood in my urine
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

With the symptoms that you are having i.e. having blood in the urine and going to the bathroom more frequently you could be having a urine infection.

I would strongly recommend that you be seen ASAP for this, preferably in the emergency to have this taken care of.

You will likely require a urine test and a course of an antibiotic if an infection is proven.

This could also be a sign of stones in your urinary tract, which, if considered must be ruled out by doing an ultrasound or preferably a CT scan.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards