Muneeb Ali
Muneeb Ali, Emergency Medicine
Experience:  MBBS,MD,ECFMG certified. Have dealt with urological emergencies in the ER on a regular basis

Swelling goes and comes through out the day. Pain very dull

Customer Question

Swelling goes and comes through out the day. Pain very dull and after sitting for a while right side hip hurts down through top of right pubic. Feels like right side of low back is out. Walking is hard in morning and gets better as the day goes.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 2wks now standing or sitting too lone makes it worse, leaning over sink to wash hands hurts. After laying down for a while it eases off.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Pretty healthy, no trouble urinating or going to nath room. Eating drinking is ok.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. From what you are describing this can be due to a number of conditions. The first one which comes to mind is that you could have a problem in the lower back. This could be in the form of arthritis of the back or even a disc prolapse, if this is the case this would cause the pain to radiate down into the hip as well as the groin in some cases. It can also cause numbness, tingling or burning in the legs. This is a fairly easy diagnosis to make with the help of a clinical examination, xrays of the lower back and these would be followed by a MRI to confirm the diagnosis.Once diagnosed the treatment is varied with the help of painkillers, steroid injections into the back, physiotherapy and if needed surgery to correct the problem.

Another cause of this can be spinal stenosis in which the spinal canal is narrowed due to again either disc prolapse among many other causes. This would again need to be diagnosed with the help of a MRI of the back. usually pain worsens on standing or walking for a long period of time.

One more thing you mentioned swelling, can i ask where is the swelling exactly?

Yes three to four hours of golf and 50 minutes walking should be fine.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,