Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I was just concerned that my is pointing towards left when

Customer Question

I was just concerned that my is pointing towards left when flaccid and erect. Is it normal?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love and I will be glad to assist you today.

A certain amount of curvature in the penis is normal. It is more common for the curve to be up or down, but it is also possible for the curve to be to the left or right.

It is primarily a concern only when there are symptoms associated with the curvature of the penis. In particular, if there is any pain associated with the curve, which is usually more of an issue when erect or during intercourse, then it would be appropriate to be concerned about the curve. If the curve is more severe and is getting worse, but is not causing symptoms, there may still be a concern, but this is typically only with more extreme curvature of the penis.

If you would like to attach a picture of the amount of curvature, then I can provide further comment, but of there are no associated symptoms, then it is overwhelmingly likely that you are normal.

If I can provide any further information or you would like a review of a picture, please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please find the pic
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When erect
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no pain when flaccid or erect
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am just worried about Peyronie disease

I have reviewed the pictures and this amount of curvature is within the normal range.

It is true that Peyronie disease is the most common cause of an abnormal curvature of the penis, but it will usually cause pain with an erection, so if the curve is not extreme and there is no pain, there is no reason to be concerned about Peyronie disease.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is normal right? And how much curvature is Peyronie? Can you give me more details about PD. Like age, causes, prevention etc
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also I used to mastrubate with my left hand. Is this the reason for left curvature

Peyronie disease will cause more extreme curvature, such as a right angle. It is due to excessive fibrous tissue that deposits in tissue that surrounds the erectile tissue of the penis. It most commonly is first manifested in men in their 40s-60s.

The underlying cause of Peyronie disease is not well understood, so there also is no clinical evidence of interventions that can prevent the disease. There is some thought that it may be due to either acute or recurrent trauma to the penis, so there is some discussion that avoidance of vigorous sex may help, but there is no good clinical evidence that this is effective. There is no evidence that masturbation is any risk for curvature or Peyronie disease, although the theory for avoidance of vigorous sex would apply to masturbation as much as it would to sex with your partner.

There also is some thought that vitamin E supplementation may help with a variety of diseases that involve excessive deposition of fibrous tissue in various locations in the body, so is also discussed for Peyronie disease, but there is no clinical evidence that this is effective.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is the diagnosis for PD
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just visual examination?

It is diagnosed is by examination, but not jut visual inspection. The doctor will also feel along the penis to identify the fibrous tissue, called plaques, that form in the penis. In borderline cases, the doctor may also obtain an ultrasound, but it is usually not needed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my condition is not Peyronie right?

There is no reason for you to be concerned about Peyronie disease.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.