Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

My 3 year old just had urodynamics done this morning and

Customer Question

My 3 year old just had urodynamics done this morning and they said she only held 82cc and she should hold 150 before she had to pee.
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast.
Customer: She had to poop during this time and held it could this affect the test because she pooped a large one once the test is over
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She had surgery when she was 4 months old for lipoma and a tethered cord release but she just had an MRI and saw her neurosurgeon yesterday and she was impressed the MRI read as there wasn't any problems as she had never had this surgery and ultra sound of kidneys looked great she's been potty trained for 11/2 now just gets UTIs more frequent is all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Dr Stan here today to help. Restraining a "poop" could put pressure on her urinary bladder and force the urge to pee, especially in a 3 year old. The good news is that her Neurosurgeon is pleased with the results of her surgery. May I suggest repeating the urodynamic test, if your doctor agrees, and I'm certain she will be able to hold 150cc of urine. Also, little girls should not use "bubble bath products" in their bath water. Bubble bath can promote UTI's. I hope this is helpful. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. I am compensated only after you give a positive rating for the information provided. Thank you for allowing me to help.