DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.

I have a case of urethral ectropion in one of our nursing

Customer Question

I have a case of urethral ectropion in one of our nursing staff (she has asked me about it) who is 25 and wishes to know what the cause is? I have never seen it in this age group (I'm a urologist) and was looking for info for her.
JA: OK. The Urologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Urologist should be aware of?
Customer: Fit, healthy nurse. Wonders if it is work related, I said very unlikely. Tx
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 4 months ago.

I would look for hormonal imbalance.

Usually these are in post menopausal women.

I don't think the exact cause is known.

I wonder if she is on the pill.

And I speculated there is an association there.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here