dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  I have ten years experienced to handle patients of different specialities inc;uding Urology.

Concerned that my chronic bacterial prostatitis, which was

Customer Question

Concerned that my chronic bacterial prostatitis, which was caused by a chlamydial infection 3 years ago, will cause complications for my female partner should we decide to get pregnant
Category: Urology
Expert:  dr abid replied 4 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

If you have Chronic Chlamydia infection and you got treatment for that with no evidence of active infection , you people can decide for pregnancy , if you are more concern than it would be ideal for you to have fresh test for Chlamydia to look for its activity , that will be best way to decide .

Regards .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still have an active burning sensation in the urethra and an enlarged, soft prostate, but have a negative result on a test for chlamydia. is this still ok?
Expert:  dr abid replied 4 months ago.

Yes if you have negative test than it is ok , this indicates that you have no active infection .

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Expert:  dr abid replied 4 months ago.

If you have active burning sensation than you should look for other infection like Genital Herpes .

Regards .