dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  I have ten years experienced to handle patients of different specialities inc;uding Urology.
16766337

Concerned that my chronic bacterial prostatitis, which was

Customer Question

Concerned that my chronic bacterial prostatitis, which was caused by a chlamydial infection 3 years ago, will cause complications for my female partner should we decide to get pregnant
Category: Urology
Expert:  dr abid replied 10 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

If you have Chronic Chlamydia infection and you got treatment for that with no evidence of active infection , you people can decide for pregnancy , if you are more concern than it would be ideal for you to have fresh test for Chlamydia to look for its activity , that will be best way to decide .

Regards .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I still have an active burning sensation in the urethra and an enlarged, soft prostate, but have a negative result on a test for chlamydia. is this still ok?
Expert:  dr abid replied 10 months ago.

Yes if you have negative test than it is ok , this indicates that you have no active infection .

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Expert:  dr abid replied 10 months ago.

If you have active burning sensation than you should look for other infection like Genital Herpes .

Regards .