Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice
Experience:  I have 14 years experience in Family Practice which includes the treatment of most co

If you have kidney damage and your blood work is good how

Customer Question

If you have kidney damage and your blood work is good how can your doctor tell if there is any damagr
Category: Urology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 4 months ago.

The main vaues in the blood tests that we use to look at kidney function are the BUN and creatinine values --- people with chronic kidney disease tend to have abnormal high values for these ...

It is also useful to check urine ...a simple urinalysis is looked at for abnormal presence of blood or protein which may check for kidney disease ....

Clinical signs of kidney disease may include high blood pressure or swelling such as the Legs ....

Certain problems may be evaluated with imaging of the kidneys such as ultrasound or a renal CT scan ( kidney stones for example)

I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if I may be of further help

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD