Muneeb Ali
Muneeb Ali, Emergency Medicine
Experience:  MBBS,MD,ECFMG certified. Have dealt with urological emergencies in the ER on a regular basis
22950887

I 't know what to do. Using a Katether 5 times within 24

Customer Question

I don't know what to do. Using a Katether
5 times within 24 hours can not be the solution.I hope you got the rest on the main Questionaire
Category: Urology
Expert:  Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

I read through your interaction with the other surgeon. Well it sounds as if your prostate is so enlarged that it is cutting off the passage of urine to the outside and that is why you have to repeatedly pass a catheter to relieve yourself. unfortunately the ONLY solution for this is surgery to reduce the size of the prostate. The drugs which can be used to promote urination are already being used by you and at this point when you need repeated self catheterizations in a single day, the best option is to get the surgery done so that you can be rid of this problem once and for all.

Would you like to know anything else?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else?