Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I am a 47. Yrs old woman I have had mild to severe right

Customer Question

Hi I am a 47. Yrs old woman I have had mild to severe right flank pain for many years. It flares up at times to severe but never goes completely away just gets somewhat beter. I recently went to a Urologist because my GP did an ultrasound ND found hydronephrosis after 3 UTI'S and 1 kidney infection in the past 6mths. I saw the Urologist and she did a CT scan that came back possible UPJ Stenosis. The Urologist sent me for a Kidney Scan with IV fluids that light up on the screwn. The tech administering the test tells me he can see that the my right kidney is not functioning properly and is draining slowly the left drained fine. I watched with the tech and had long conversation as he explained ed and showed me how the right was not draining properly. After he Injected lasiks it sent a sharp sudden severe pain in the right kidney. It brought tears to my eyes. The kidney then started draining but did not quite drain completely. So I get the test results back s fully expecting poor kidney function in the right kidney and it was totally off. The Urologist says there was no indication of a blockage and the right drained normally but she did note that I had an extrarenal pelvis but said that is quite normal nothing g to.worry about. I am VERY upset because I know I have something very wrong. Maybe you could make a suggestion does this sound normal to you?
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast.
Customer: Will someone communicate back to me shortly?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Urologist should know?
Customer: I also have nausea often and recently have had a sudden onset of high blood pressure that seems to not be easily controlled with my meds.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.

Can you post a photo of the report from the renal scan test and the CT scan?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can but it only is the reading from the radiologist not the test themselves
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.

That is fine. It's better than nothing

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.

I'll review it in the morning and let you know what I think. I can also call you tomorrow to discuss as it will likely be easier. If you want to do that, please accept the phone offer. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I tried to attach them not sure if I did it right please let me know if you get them. If it's easier to call I could do that tomorrow after lunch it's just that my husband and grand daughter are asleep right next to me now.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.

I see the CT scan results, but I do not see the renal scan results (the one where they gave you the lasix).

I'll be in the OR all day tomorrow. The best time for me to call would be in the morning, or after 5 PM. If this works, just accept the phone offer and we can arrange a time to talk. Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.

I'll look at the renal scan one you send it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have attached the other scan and after 5 would be best. I will accept the call offer also. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
Please accept the phone offer and leave the number you want me to call you at. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
You have attach the CT scan report again. I still do not see the results of the Lasix renal scan.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
Do you have the renal scan report? Can you accept the phone call request so I can call you to discuss?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you call tomorrow and I will try to get the other scan tonight please?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
No problem. Please accept the call request so that I have your phone number ready to call you tomorrow.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay thanks