DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.

I just received lab results. My PSA is 6.9 up from 4.2 in

Customer Question

I just received lab results. My PSA is 6.9 up from 4.2 in the last 18 months. Should I be concerned?
JA: The Urologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: What more do you need? I'm 68, had bypass surgery 7 years ago. Previously diagnosed with CKD. Taking Lisinopril 10mg, Metroprolol 25mg, Atorvistatin 40 mg, and Furosimide 20mg.
JA: Is there anything else the Urologist should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so......
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 4 months ago.

Yes, this is a significant increase into the abnormal range.

I would suggest the following

free PSA and a prostate ultrasound.

With these two parameters, the urologist can decide if you need a biopsy.

He probably can decide this with just a free PSA, in fact.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Otherwise, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here