Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

My close friend (male) entered me and s sperm went on to my

Customer Question

my close friend (male) entered me and his sperm went on to my prostate. that was 1 month ago. ever since that happened, discomfort below the bellybutton has occurred constantly. this of course disrupts my sleep pattern as well it makes my tired.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can it be cancerous-I think no-your answer?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 months ago.

This is not cancer. The symptoms are likely due to an infection. It could either be of your urine or your prostate. You need to get into see a urologist for a price examination and a urine culture and you may need to be placed on a longer course of antibiotics. If this is prostatitis, it can take up to 4 to 6 weeks of antibiotic therapy to clear. The urine culture will help to determine which antibiotic you need to clear the infection. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you for your reply very helpful. just one question-can you advise that antibiotic i can try?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
Ciprofloxacin would be a first line into biotic that we typically use. However, you need to have the results of the urine culture to definitively determine which antibiotic you need. Since you have already been on Cipro, then you may need to be switched to something else like Bactrim for 4 to 6 weeks.