Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
6740150

What time the urine test routine be given?

Customer Question

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
HelloWelcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern May I know for what reason your urine is to be tested?What are your symptoms?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for coming back online. Urine for a urinalysis can be collected at any time. The first morning sample is considered the most valuable because it is more concentrated and more likely to yield abnormalities if present. Bacteria and cells from the surrounding skin can contaminate the sample and interfere with the interpretation of test results. It is very important for men to pull back their foreskin and wash their penis before the sample is taken. Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Doc I got stinging pain while passing urine 3 weeks back , I got my urine test done, it was positive for proteins and pus cells. Doc gave me cipro tz for 5 days and told me to re test.i again gave test in the noon after 5 days and culture they both were negative but i still have symptoms like burning and stinging pain but it got less.So does urine collectiom time depends and does it take time to symptoms to go
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for replying back.You were diagnosed wth UTI(urinary tract infection).You took antibiotics & now your symptoms has improved but still you have the burning sensation & stingling pain. As your urine test came out to be negative but still you have the symptoms,I think you should take the antibiotics for longer duration.And afterwards again,urine examination to be done. Urine collection time does not has much affect as described above.But its better to give first morning sample.It may take time for infection to go & hence you may need to take antibiotic for few more days. Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Doc i again gave test on 21st may its normal
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for replying back. As your another urine test came out to be normal & you still have the symptoms of burning sensation & stingling pain,prostate disease needs to be considered.Following tests are required: -Digital rectal examination (DRE),-PSA velocity.-Rectal ultrasound Antibiotics or other medications will then be prescribed accordingly.So my best advise for you is to make an appointment with your urologist to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Doc i got ultrasound done in nov 2015 it was normal for prostate
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for replying back.Its good to know that you had a normal prostate gland in nov 2015. There are 3 causes of pus & protein in urine:1.UTI2.Prostate disease3.Renal calculi in bladder,ureter or urethra. As you have burning sensation & stingling pain,& prostate disease is less likely(as you had normal ultrasound in nov 2015),so kidney stone is to be considered. You need ultrasound of KUB area & an appointment with urologist so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its getting better but at slow pace i think might be summers delaying healing and i was having just 2 litre of water in a day so i might have to increse the intake
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i didnt have fever at all
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Dear customer Yes,continue drinking plenty of fluids.Drink either unsweetened blueberry juice or unsweetened cranberry juice. Try to drink at least 2 to 4 glasses of cranberry juice a day.If still the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your urologist for further testing & ultrasound(if required). My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Doc i have stinging pain and burning which is intermittent come and go at the tip .My urine flow is normal and does not cause burning.I think might be inflammed urethra
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Kidney stone/urinary tract stone needs to be ruled out.Inflamed urethra can be a possibility.Ultrasound KUB area & cystoscopy may be required.Treatment will be done according to the cause. Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh