Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I am concerned with my PSA reading going from 5.9 to 9.9 in

Customer Question

Hello - I am concerned with my PSA reading going from 5.9 to 9.9 in June 2015 - May 2016
JA: OK. The Urologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: Sept 2015 I had the mri biopsy results came back with two areas of concern. Was told atypia believe that is correct - then had the current psa test with the 9.9 result
JA: Is there anything else the Urologist should be aware of?
Customer: family history of cancer mother and father side - prostrate, breast, throat and brain cancer.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am a cancer doctoryes, that is a big jump in PSA,your PSA needs to be rechecked again to see if that 9.9 is real or if it is a false elevation from infectionif it is real, then you might need a prostate biopsy to check for prostate cancer in yourdid the MRI guided prostate biopsy show areas of prostate cancer? if no cancer, then there is no need to worryand the PSA can continue to be watched? atypica of the cells in the prostate is ok and not prostate old are you?