Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I'm getting an irritating sensation (not quite pain) in my

Customer Question

I'm getting an irritating sensation (not quite pain) in my rectum and I am having slow flow anyway when urinating and it's bothering me.
I also have painful ejaculations too so I am curious if it could be serious.!?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. Since you have asked whether this could be serious, the answer is yes, but if you had asked whether the most likely cause would be a serious condition, the answer would be no. There are several other common problems that also may be the cause of these symptoms, and while not serious, these other conditions also warrant treatment. From the perspective of potential serious conditions, it is possible that these symptoms could be related to cancer, either of the rectum or prostate. However, it is more common for these symptoms to be caused by benign conditions, such as hemorrhoids or anal fissures of causing the rectal irritation or benign enlargement of the prostate or an infection of the prostate causing the slow urinary flow and painful ejaculations. The exact diagnosis would require a proper evaluation, and the first step would be seeing your primary care physician. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance. If you would like my assistance with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at