Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Dr.
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have recently been diagnosed with an inguinal hernia. After

Customer Question

I have recently been diagnosed with an inguinal hernia. After diagnosis, I have started to have a constant back pain where my physician said it could indicate kidney issues (even though I have none). I'm also having some numbness in my toes over the past couple of weeks. Anything I should be particularly concerned about?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Numbness in the toes and back problem may actually indicate a problem in your lower back.There may be a pinched nerve in the back causing your problem.I would recommend having a MRI of your lower back done to have this diagnosis considered or ruled out.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any concerns about the back pain I've been experiencing? It's specific - like a knot on the left side of my back just above my waistline. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Knot on the left side of the back actually goes more in favour of a muscular injury and happens if you have pulled a muscle.So that is a possibility that I would consider as well.